2015 has come and gone…and what a year it was!
I fell in love.
I smashed some serious fitness goals.
I quit a job I absolutely HATED.
I travelled back to the west coast to where I used to live and had the time of my life.
I shared my story on stage (and cried on camera).
I fell out of love.
I was interviewed on LIVE television.
I moved apartments.
I created an amazing online community of women called the First Love Yourself Sisterhood (it's free to join!)
I spent a ridiculously exorbitant amount of money on coaching and personal development.
I was a bridesmaid in my best friend’s wedding.
I became “Auntie Sam” to some pretty delicious tiny humans.
I dated an older man (much, much older).
I was embroiled in a FWB “relationship”.
I got interviewed on 6 podcasts.
I completely maxed out my credit card (thankfully right before payday – yikes!)
I created my first ever group coaching program.
I was published on The Huffington Post…twice!
And oh what a year it was.
As 2015 comes to a close, I find myself in deep reflection mode. I’m looking back on the year and thinking about what went well, what went not so well, and digging deep to uncover what my soul is craving for the year ahead.
And if I’m being honest, I’ve found myself at a crossroads as of late. A quarter-life crisis if you will. Heck, I’m starting to think I’ve been in it for a few years now and am finally fully aware of it. Nonetheless, I’ve decided to spend 2016 and the final year of my 20’s (ummm, AS IF I’m turning 30 in October!) dedicated to celebrating, elevating, supporting, discovering, activating, and cherishing myself.
I’m calling it #TheYearOfSam and I hope through my journey, you feel inspired to do some deep inner work, step outside your comfort zone and create lots of juicy opportunities in your life.
But where to start?
True to form, I started making a list. I just loooooooove lists!
So in the spirit of high-vibe living, LOVE, celebration of the last decade, gratitude for what’s to come, learning, adventure, growth and the desire to LIVE THE MOST AMAZING LIFE I POSSIBLY CAN during #TheYearOfSam and beyond, I am delighted to share with you my list of the 30 things I’d like to do/be/see/have/experience in 2016.
- Do a boudoir photo shoot
- Start a jade egg practice
- Attend a retreat with Christine Hassler
- Take Spanish lessons
- Speak at a local Toastmasters Club
- Pay off my credit card
- Just generally experience more places, especially overseas places
- Complete a meditation training course
- Take a pole dancing class
- Read one book a week for a year
- Go on a yoga and or meditation retreat
- Be able to complete 3 sets of 10 pull ups (unassisted and consecutively)
- Go on 50 first dates (because it’s a great movie and why the heck not?)
- 30 days of no alcohol aka. a sober month
- Volunteer with an organization I'm passionate about
- Donate blood
- Complete a 40-day self-love practice
- Take tennis lessons
- Fly 1st Class
- Wear my hair out (au natural) for 1 week
- Do a handstand (and hold it)
- Be on live TV (for the 2nd time…watch my debut here!)
- Do a combined 3-day staycation AND social detox in Toronto
- Do a TEDx talk (possibly this one?)
- Go on a long weekend trip out of the country for my 30th birthday
- Run a live workshop solo
- Read The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying Up and get de-cluttered and organized once and for all!
- Go on a long, delicious, productive, inspiring, solo retreat to CREATE
- Consider going back to school. (Key word: consider)
So there you have it my loves. Let #TheYearOfSam commence!
I’m leaving myself the flexibility to change any of these along the way and giving myself the permission to pivot as needed, but in this particular moment, all of these feel so so good to me. It was so fun to draft these desires and make the declaration to the Universe that I’m ready to step into the fullness of who I am and love the life I live. This list is just the beginning and I’m excited about what’s to come in 2016.
There’s no doubt in my mind that my desires will change and evolve and grow and become less and more important (and seriously – this year has been all about surrendering to what I have zero control over) but I’m excited to keep you updated and with me along the journey!
Tell me in the comments, are there any particular “challenges” you’d like me to share more about? Do you have your own list like this? If so, post yours below and we can all keep each other accountable. I’d love to know!